Monday, September 8, 2008

2008 VMAs

The 2008 MTV Video Music Awards were quite possibly the worst ever. Between Russell Brand's bland excuse for international humor, and the saddest set I've seen...ever, this was shaped up as MTVs oversimplified show. Countless technical errors like Jamie Foxxx completely spacing on stage, Demi Moore walking out without a mic, and the camera focusing on everyone except the person speaking, just made the award show seem amateur. I've come to expect a lot from MTV, who has given great shows and performances, like the *NSYNC and Michael Jackson performance, Stevie Wonder and Will Smith, and a million others. But they lost me with this shit. The set was a basic, BASIC set. i feel as if i've seen that set before....looks a little like the FN MTV set.
The performances were just bad. Even Kanye, and I'm a big kanye fan, was whack. Rihanna proved she can't sing. T.I came back and rapped like he was at rehearsal. Lil Wayne and T Pain were on stage giving whites a reason to stereotype (and whatthefuckisup with lil wayne's monroe piercing. thats some faggot bullshit, call him dennis rodman). Kid Rock, hometown hero, is like...182 years old. Dude needs to sit his old ass down. Only lyric Wayne knew to "All Summer Long" was: "We were smoking funny things". wonder why?

High points of the night. Travis Barker and DJ AM performing with Lupe Fiasco and Katy Perry. I'm a bit on the fence with those tho. You got two dope fuckin artists doing sideshow performances during commercial breaks. Bullshit. I coulda turned on my ipod and listened to The Cool if I would have known thats what it was gonna be. tyyytttttttttttgtgggrggtrrrtttttttttttttrtgggggggghyhhu. sorry i was cleaning my keyboard.

A bit more on kanye. Dude came out with a Japanes Taiko drum team and was upstaged. And his new single.... it just bothers me.



Overall this award show sucked. wasnt worth me being home.

0 comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter