Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gay marriage.

The concept of gay marriage is seen as a civil right. That is, to say, all people being created equal and none are denied any rights. Gay marriage has its pros and cons in society, but its basis is something I dont agree with. I believe being gay is a choice. It is an avoidable, conscious decision to accept the lifestyle and practices of the homosexual community. I do not believe that being gay is coplanar with being black, or female. A woman didn't decide to be oppressed based on their gender, nor did she decide during conception that she wanted to be a woman. A hispanic person didn't decide to be mistreated based on their ethnicity. But a homosexual did decide to be a homosexual. 

Maybe because im not a homosexual does the theory of being born gay escape me, but I feel its a conscious decision, much like religion.

Comment.

0 comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter