Friday, September 12, 2008

David Ramsey's "I Will Forever Remain Faithful"

David Ramsey's style of writing pops out, and I love it. If i were a writer, I'd write like this guy. Even if you dont like Wayne, at least appreciate the good literature. Excerpt:






"One of my favorite Lil Wayne hooks is the chorus on a Playaz Circle song called “Duffle Bag Boy.” In the past year, he started singing more, and this was his best turn. He sounds a little like the neighborhood drunk at first as he warbles his way up and down the tune, but his singing voice has an organically exultant quality that seems to carry him to emotional delirium. After a while, he’s belting out instructions to a drug courier with the breathy urgency of a Baptist hymn. By the end of the song, the standard-order macho boast, “I ain’t never ran from a nigga and I damn sure ain’t ’bout to pick today to start running,” has been turned by Lil Wayne into a plea, a soul lament."




http://oxfordamericanmag.com/content.cfm?ArticleID=390&Entry=CurrentIssue

0 comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter